November 20th, 2014
Konni – Pathanamthitta
Konni is a hilly and forested village which is situated on the banks of the mighty Achankovil River in Pathanamthitta District. Konni is crisscrossed by numerous streams and rivulets and the vast expanse of the Western Ghats. It is renowned for its Elephant Training Centre, elephant cages, forest and rubber plantations. Konni Teak has earned its name all over the world.
The large area of thick forest with wild animals has now made Konni emerge as another tourist spot for safaris and trekking. The pulse of Konni eco tourism is Elephants.
Konni elephant training centre is a must visit in Kerala. The elephant training centre is located 11 km from Pathanamthitta. Here we can find huge cages built of heavy loges (Aanakoodu), which can accommodate 3 to 4 elephants. Well experienced trainers use their traditional methods to train the baby elephants.
Elephant Cage (Aanakoodu)
Konni is becoming a new destination for people visiting Kerala from other states of India. The activities such as elephant safari, trekking, visiting elephant cages are the main attraction of Konni. The government of Kerala have under taken Konni to maintain its scenic beauty and protecting it under eco tourism together with the help of local people.
Places to Visit in Konni
Konni Elephant Training Centre
Konni Reserve Forest
Muringamangalam Sree Mahadevar Temple
Achankovil and Aluvamkudi Temples
Nearest Railways station is Punalur (25km) and the nearest Airport is Thiruvananthapuram International Airport, about 99 km from Pathanamthitta.
TravMate Holidays, one of the leading Tour Operating Company in Kerala, India, offer the best tour packages at affordable price.
Kerala Tour Packages | Indian Tour Packages | International Tour Packages
Best Services & Lowest Rates Guaranteed
- Kerala Tourism Kerala Packages at cheap and affordable rates are available with us. Kerala is a vivid place with all natural spots, which excites and attracts tourists from all over the world.
- Nilambur – the Land of Teak Forests and Perennial Rivers Nilambur is seated near the Nilgiri range of the Western Ghats besides the river Chaliyar. There are a good number beautiful locations in Nilambur that can be enjoyed such as the Cannoly Plot, The Teak Museum, […]
- Cochin, Thekkady, Munnar, Alleppey, Kovalam 3 Nights / 4 Days Tour Packages Cochin, Thekkady, Munnar, Alleppey, Kovalam etc. are some of the popular tourist places to visit in Kerala. Enjoy the best Kerala tour packages at lowest rates with TravMate Holidays.
- Experience the Uniqueness of Kerala Houseboat Tourism Experience the uniqueness of Kerala houseboats and backwater tourism and carry back everlasting memories. This is something which should be experienced by all nature lovers at least once in a lifetime.
Nilambur Travel Corridors Beckons tourists to genuine wildlife experiences Nilambur, famous for teak tress and wild life habitat. Nilambur is a Municipality in Malappuram district of Kerala and lies in the […]
- Revitalizing Ayurvedic Tour Packages Kerala is a gifted State of India with so many unique features and among them is Ayurveda. Ayurveda in Kerala is being practiced for such a long time that a very famous term "Kerala Ayurveda" has come up for […]
- Get Tickled in the Lap of Heaven – Munnar Munnar offers something special for everyone. The word “Heaven” is not enough to say about Munnar. Just enjoy and vanish into the world of greenery of Munnar.
- Munnar Munnar - breathtakingly beautiful - a haven of peace and tranquility - the idyllic tourist destination in God's own country.
Set at an altitude of 6000 ft in Idukki district, Munnar was the favoured summer […]
- Nepal – Land of Temples and Monastries Nepal is an Asian country that lies in the lap of the Great Himalayas. It is land of scenic beauty, amazing flora and fauna, diverse culture, culturally rich, enormous number of temples, elegant palaces and […]
- Alleppey Houseboats Alleppey Houseboats - Kettuvalloms or Houseboats (Riceboats) are country boats that were used in the early days for the transport of goods from the isolated interior villages to the towns. With the advent of […]
Both comments and pings are currently closed.